Each Travel team should have at least 2 parent volunteers to act as Team Administrators (TA’s) for the team. One TA acts as the treasurer for the team and the other TA acts as a game day administrator. Both TA’s need to work closely with each other and with the team trainer for the team to be successful.
The primary responsibilities for each are as follows:
Game Day TA Responsibilities include:
- On game day, if the trainer is there, the Game day TA will be on the sidelines to assist the trainer. If the trainer is not there, the Game Day TA will fill in for the trainer.
- Game day TA’s will be on the bench with the players helping out with whatever is needed (i.e. time keeping, letting trainer know if a player is sick or injured, and anything else the trainer needs).
- Game day TA’s should be in full communication with the trainer in regards to the plan in case a trainer cannot attend a game as to the warm-up routine, the time the players should arrive to a game, what to wear, who to start and in what position, etc.
- Game day TA’s should attend at least 1 practice a week to see what is being worked on .
- Game day TA’s should work closely with the trainer during tryouts and on any other team related decisions.
Treasurer TA Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the finances of the team which include the following:
o Opening and maintaining a bank account for the team
o Collecting money monthly from the parents
o Paying all team related expenses (i.e. training exp, ref fees, tournaments, etc.)
o Communication with the parents regularly as to where the money is spent
- The treasurer TA is responsible for registering for tournaments, leagues and Cup games.
- The treasurer TA is responsible for communicating with the parents as to practice times, game times, tournaments, and anything else that needs to be communicated to the team.
- If the trainer is not at a Game, the Treasurer TA should assist the Game day TA with whatever is needed.
- The Treasurer TA’s should attend at least 1 practice a week to see what is being worked on .
- The treasurer TA should work closely with the trainer during tryouts and on any other team related decisions.
One of the responsibilities of the Team Administrator is to properly and efficiently keep track of the teams finances. This money must be collected from the parents and distributed to the expenses that the team incurs. Examples would be paying for trainers, tournaments, team gear, etc.. You may also collect money from fundraising and this should also be documented. We have supplied an example worksheet as well as a blank one that you can download and use. This will make things much easier for you as it is very "plug and play". Please follow simple instructions in the "Financial Team Accounting Workbook example" This workbook should be available to your parents and we would suggest sending an updated one to your parents each month. This will eliminate all the " Where is the $$ going?" questions from the parents on your team. Any additional questions on use of the workbook please email Steve Ballas. SBMadman24@aol.com